UL BANNER

DOLMENWOOD BANNER

3/16/2011

Ggmlk is swamped with reeds [sic]

I have the annoying habit of reading multiple books at the same time. Not literally simultaneously, mind you. (Though I've tried.) The tendency is to pick up a book, read a few chapters, pick up another book and repeat until I find myself surrounded by a dozen or so half-finished tomes.

This is what I'm mentally digesting at present:
  • Humanspace Empires (playtest version) by The Drune (Tekumelian sci-fi RPG)
  • Terminal Space by Albert Rakowski (OD&D sci-fi supplement)
  • The Face in the Frost by John Bellairs (Appendix N)
  • More Things by Ivan T. Sanderson (cryptozoological classic)
  • Three Hearts and Three Lions by Poul Anderson (Appendix N)
  • Northwest Smith by C. L. Moore
  • The Best of Leigh Brackett (Appendix N)
  • The Throne of Bones by Brian McNaughton (CAS-ian dark fantasy)
  • sundry back issues of late-80s Dragon
Side Note: The only books from Appendix N not to my taste so far would be Farmer's stuff (i.e. World of Tiers). It's just not clicking for me. I have yet to get my hands on stuff by Fredric Brown, Fred Saberhagen or Stanley Weinbaum.

1 comment: