UL BANNER

7/13/2011

Scooby-Doo vs the Ersatz Cthulhu


I've always maintained that Scooby and the gang would make excellent investigators in a Call of Cthulhu campaign. It's a perfect fit. And apparently the creators of the latest version of the classic show -- Scooby-Doo: Mystery Incorporated -- must agree. "Shrieking Madness" is the twelfth episode of the first season. My son and I checked out the show for the first time today and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the animation and writing. Definitely a quantum leap after Cartoon Network's TV movies of the last ten-odd years. It compares favorably to Batman: The Brave and the Bold in its parody-meets-universe-expansion approach to the subject matter. I won't give away all the surprises, but here are some more images to whet your eldritch appetite.






It's obvious that this cthulhoid freak buys his duds at the local mind flayer outlet.

4 comments:

  1. I like Scoony-Doo: Mystery, Inc., too. I had never thought of it as being both parodic and universe expanding, but it's an apt description.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are CoC stats for Scoob and the gang floating around on the web. I've always wanted to run a special Halloween one-shot using them as pre-gen characters and then pulling out one of the more brutal and unforgiving CoC scenarios.

    ReplyDelete