While it is very tempting to leave this one in the most capable hands of Chance, I have decided to follow Nemo235's suggestion and went with the #6 entry that appeared first on this blog to reflect the new Community Project Policy #1: First posted, first served. So the spot goes to Beedo of Dreams in the Lich House (which is a great name for a great blog) and his Princess Frog. To read all about it, refer to the almost-complete table, Longtoe's Miscellany.
Almost-complete. Because we still need to generate Longtoe's 13th sale item which some folks call...
THE STUFFED CHIMERA
This item initially appears as a shapeless, occasionally twitching blob of woven cloth -- not unlike a pillow stuffed with rabbit's entrails. Its hypnotically patterned surface appears to be cut from an old curtain or tapestry and is quite supple and touch-worn. Smells like cloves and old honey. After the chimera spends at least a round in the hands of its current owner it randomly assumes a shape from the list below. It will have all the properties of its assumed form except on the surface, which retains the old cloth texture and appearance. Cost: 100 gp and not a copper bit less. Roll 1d10 on the list below to determine the Stuffed Chimera's current shape:
- Ginger Donkey. A small donkey, that smells of ginger and if licked tastes of ginger too, which will cure nausea. The donkey can carry a load half that of a normal donkey, until it deflates and returns to its original shape, after 3d6 turns. [Simon Forster]
- Daddy's Little Cutie. It's an exact rag doll replica of the PC holding the chimera. Lasts for 2d6 hours. [Matt Schmeer]
- Tentacled Trapezohedron. An unsettling sight, about the size of an adult monkey, that will float near its master's head until it grows weary (2d6 turns) and retires to the nearest damp, dark place. [Gorgonmilk]
- Ultharian Sack of Cats. The chimera sags down into the form of a loose bag that seems to have something small, pitiful and mewling within it. Perhaps it is a lost kitten. Opening the bag will release (1d4) Ultharian Cats who will take a look around (make a Reaction Roll), and if left unmolested, they'll simply jump upwards and outwards, leaving the PCs holding an empty bag. [NetherWerks]
- Velveteen Gorgon. It's a cuddly gorgon made of velveteen. Makes a great pillow as long as you don't look at it. Will retain this shape for 1d12 hours. [Matt Schmeer]
- Orchitis, the Raccoon Dog. An obese, wide eyed furry critter that walks upright dragging its bloated scrotum between its legs. It wears a huge floppy hat and carries a black wine bottle. The chimera will retain this form for 1d4 hours and provides various boons to its owner including +1 to all saving throws and the use of its hat to protect against foul weather. Also, Orchitis is never surprised and it will warn of any immediate danger. A sip of its wine will result in the imbiber being incapable of speaking a lie for 1d8 hours. Rolled within the bottle is a promissory note issued by a random party for some amount of treasure that the owner of the chimera may attempt to collect upon. [The Drune]
- Candy Apple Grey. Although the chimera appears to morph into an inedible gray candy apple with a cloth-like surface, it's actually a Grey, an alien visitor from beyond the stars magicked into its current form by a long-deceased necromantic worshipper of Vorvadoss. If the PCs can find a way to transform the Grey back to its original shape, it will reward the party with the floorplans of a spaceship rumored to have crashed somewhere in the Barrier Peaks and the secret of non-magickal inter-planar travel. [Matt Schmeer]
- Teddy Bear. A small children's toy that when squeezed growls as loud as a real bear -- a useful deterrent during night-time camping trips. Will retain this shape for 2d6 hours. [Sir Timothy of Kent]
- Satin Web Pillow of the Dreamlands. A satin pillow made of spider webs that when used by someone to sleep immediately transports the user to the Dreamlands. The sleeper appears somewhere in the Dreamlands lying on the pillow, and can return to the real world again sleeping on the pillow. The chimera will retain this form for 2d12 hours. [Igor "Corvus Corax" Sartorato]
- Readjustment. The Stuffed Chimera is mostly inactive and cannot be activated for 2d6 turns. It makes very gentle sounds and some small movements, but nothing else. [rorschachhamster]
Oh, and this is mostly directed at our Portable Document Format specialist and general Idea Man, Matt Schmeer -- to address the issue of how a PDF of our Goblin Market tables might be arranged -- I was thinking giving sub-tables their own appendices rather than trying to work them in to the main table's body of text. Does that make sense?