|THE SEVEN PAGAN PRINCES|
OF THE SOUTH
MATHUESDALC [MAH-thooz-DAK]: Sub-territory of the Northernmost Hold, property of the realm of Soddimis [an ancient power of the South]. Settled by the celibate witches who served the Hidden Mother during the Third Aeon. Later conquered by the forces of the Faceless Prince of Soddimis [in keeping with ancient tradition, only his back can be seen in the red woodcut]. This victory came shortly after the warband's mediocre campaign against the aboriginal tribes who live just south of the Northernmost Hold, in the primeval and densely-forested crevasse called THE BOTTOMLESS CHUNT.
Gubernatorial control of the sub-territory -- a highly prized possession due to its rich deposits of magnetic ore -- fell to the Faceless Prince's cousins, the Black Counts of Cweloggia. The choice was purely diplomatic rather than well-reasoned, for the Counts were known for their periodic fits of madness. It is a poor quality for rulers to possess -- though it should be noted that as artists the Cweloggian lords were quite accomplished. Each was morbidly obsessed with laws and the esoteric art of law-making, and each had his own ideas as to what constituted a just law.
SEVEN PAGAN PRINCES OF THE SOUTH: Recognized rulers of the elder realms of Soddimis, Godsland, Tantamore, Iblix, Magynis, Opoth and the Lonely Isles.
- The Faceless Prince of Soddimis and the Horned Lord of Iblix are practicing karcists.
- The Patriarch of Magynis serves the Mother Mormo, god-queen of witches.
- The Immortal Princes of Opoth and Tantamore are sons of the Olden King.
- The Rookmaster of the Lonely Isles is said to drink blood and cat's milk.
- The throne of Godsland is disputed by the Sun Prince and his elder sister, Llel of Magynis.