WORMSKIN

9/01/2011

We don't have to take our clothes off to have a good time, OSR




So for those of you just tuning in, Ggmlk has been hosting an ongoing community project known as THE D30 TABLE OF GOBLIN MARKET SALE ITEMS. Now I know some of you dudes and dudettes are probably thinking "And what am I going to do with yet another random table? I rarely use such things in-game." The misconception here is that random tables are only useful in one way -- that is, to generate random things from a list. But here's my take: A good table tells stories, usually through hooks. Reading over the entries in, say, THE D30 TABLE OF DUNGEON-FUNK all sorts of possibilities and mini-narratives start forming in my head before I've even fondled my d30s.

I really enjoy planting the seeds and seeing what sort of crazy fruit grows out of your heads. The more weird and deformed, the better. Please contribute to the current sub-table project, Longtoe's Miscellany.

1 comment: