WORMSKIN

3/08/2013

MAP: Hexmoor (My Blackmarsh)

Robert Conley of Bat in the Attic is one of my favorite map creators. His work is concise and aggressively utilitarian, opting for function over form. It's firmly set in the cartographical tradition of Judges Guild. I like maps to be like my dice -- opaque and easy to read, divorced of all froo-froo elements but not lacking in style. So believe me when I say that I so loved Rob's Blackmarsh map that I was compelled to play around with it while brainstorming a new setting.


8 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with Rob's map and in fact prefer the elements you've used, as they make reading the map easier. A quick glance at the Hexmoor map and I have a pretty good understanding of the lay of the land, as opposed to letters and numbers on a map that then have to be crossed referenced to a key and text to discover what is thereabouts. Very nice G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your map look incredible. Being Rob's close friend for a billion years I can say he would be impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tim! I am consistently impressed by Rob's work so, ya know, it's mutual.

      Delete
  3. Nice map. Hope did you make the changes to Rob's map to make you own version?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. umm I meant How did you make the changes to the Blackmarsh map?

      Delete
    2. There's a blank version of Rob's Blackmarsh map floating around. I'll see if I can find it.

      Delete
    3. Cool. I found the blank version of the map btw. Thx.

      Delete