WORMSKIN

3/24/2013

Petty Gods: Back Cover Concept

I want art on the back cover. In my head I see a tribute of sorts to Erol Otus' back cover for Deities & Demigods.


In any case, the oval shaped text area will be incorporated into PG's back cover design. FUN FACT: The green god-thing on the left appears in Geof McKinney's CARCOSA.

IF YOU ARE A PAINTER working in analog or digital mediums and you'd like to take a stab at the back cover for PETTY GODS, drop me a line. This message is also going out to the Contributing Artist List. Link me to your portfolio and I will try to respond in a timely manner.

UPDATE: The eminently talented Paul Ballard is currently working on the back cover art.

3 comments:

  1. Where the original was arid and cosmic,I think it was also a wrap-around from the front. Wouldn't it be cool to have the back echo the front? Instead of gods from outer space and henge hills, it could have deep forest menace, maybe with a pool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will forward your ideas (which are very apt btw) to Paul Ballard who is slated to do the back cover.

      Delete
    2. That's a sharp observation and a great suggestion.

      Since there's a thief and fighter on the front, why not put a cleric and magic-user on the back? The full-meal party.
      Assuming that the scale and perspective of the back wrap-around -- if done -- are the same as the front.

      Delete