UL BANNER

DOLMENWOOD BANNER

5/16/2013

Under the Radar: RENEGADE~CORRUPTION

No one talks about RENEGADE~CORRUPTION. But why, says I?


According to my not-too-intensive research, the original version of this game -- called RENEGADE -- is an almost exact clone of OD&D. THIS BOOK -- which many readers of Gorgonmilk will like very much -- is all that plus a lot of original concepts sewn in by the author, David Morrison (even his name sounds cool). And as a fan of graphic design and layout stylin' I wholeheartedly give Renegade~Corruption's sleek, unadorned look a giant, meaty thumbs up [as a rating system it's still in its infancy, apologies.] Did I mention it's 400+ pages? And there are Sugar Cubes (think Geli Cubes made of pure, pasty sugar slop)!

Formatted for tablets. Yet I think it will do nicely as a series of pamphlets.

Also: It's FREE.


4 comments:

  1. I have downloaded it a couple of weeks ago, but haven't had time to read it through. Maybe after finishing my Petty Gods submissions...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So why isn't any talking about this book? Well because its four hundred pages of material. I've been quietly adapting bits and pieces of it to some of my gaming groups.
    So I've written a "counter argument" to assessment above Greg.
    Cheers
    http://swordsandstitchery.blogspot.com/2013/05/free-renegade-corruption-400-page-retro.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with your assessment, O godling of needlework.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for taking a look. You've inadvertently breached the embargo on RPG media coverage of my content :) I don't hold with charging for content others made years ago, I reckon kids/ students/ unemployed/ . . . should be able to get into RPGs without needing ransom models or subscriptions, and - this would make me about as popular as mud with those who prefer a small, inward-facing RPG industry.

    ReplyDelete