UL BANNER

DOLMENWOOD BANNER

6/29/2013

PETTY GODS: Update

As the "final" due date approacheth for art and text (June 30, aka tomorrow), your humble editor doth transition from optimist to not-quite-cynical realist. It's very obvious that everything will not make it in overnight -- and currently that means about 40% of the project is still waiting to be realized.

But do not despair! While this (inevitable) delay means it will take a bit longer for PETTY GODS to become a big ol' hardcover book that you can nestle among your manuals and handbooks, I think I can slake your thirst for weird godlets with a little somethin' somethin'.

Originally I wanted to layout the big book and rush it off to the proofers, then eventually get around to breaking PG up into ODD-sized booklet format. Now that things are what they are, it makes sense to do the reverse and start publishing the material I have at hand.

And that's just what I'm up to presently. The first booklet will contain about forty deities, including the work of TSR veterans Erol Otus and James Ward. Here's what the cover looks like:


All the XPG booklets -- I'm thinking we may have six or so -- will be in black and white with some red here and there. I'll do my best to have this up for download soon! Btw that's Matt Schmeer's Tonya on the front cover as depicted by Andrew Walter.

13 comments:

  1. Remember, I am happy to do bookmarks for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I get this first book back from the proof team and make the necessary alterations, I will send it your way, RCK!

      Delete
  2. I feel bad for not having our illustrations ready but that cover makes me excited for the booklets.
    That's some good Tonya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hit me up if you need some proofing help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helmuth von Moltke the Elder is always right in these circumstances.

    I'm glad to see you charging forward with the booklets in the interim. I think it's an excellent move, and will provide an impetus to us slowpokes who have outstanding bits and pieces to hurry the hell up.

    Now where did I put all of those nipple studies?

    - Ark

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stoked to be on the front cover of the first booklet!

    Are the 6 going to run alphabetically, or are they arranged by alignment or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a more-or-less random assortment of what I have at hand.

      Delete
  6. Still down to proof when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay! If you sent me an e-mail I have you on the Proofer List.

      Delete
  7. Very exciting stuff Gorgon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Honored to have one of my babies illustrated on the cover!

    Man, that is a sweet illo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Working on the Artwork today Gorgonmilk. Coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete