UL BANNER

DOLMENWOOD BANNER

6/16/2013

[Sadface] No Free RPG For Me

My FLGS did not participate in Free RPG Day, alas.* The closest stores were up in Syracuse or across the border in Pennsyltucky. And now it turns out that this year's FRPGD was RIFE with controversy! I suppose Better Than Any Man is not yet available in PDF? I would love to see what's so objectionable about it. For those of you who managed to snag a copy -- what's the dirt? How many titties -- exactly -- are we talking about here?

I'm just wondering because there will be a fair amount of boobies and weird sex parts depicted in PETTY GODS. I was planning on doing a reading at Sunday School, but am I to understand that uptight conservative types don't like monster bewbs? 

______________________________
*And not for any lame reason. I have to give them props because the owner refuses to sell 4E because WotC requires her to sell Magic cards and host Friday Night Magic events. There's no OSR stuff there unfortunately but there is quite a selection of Pathfinder/Paizo products.

9 comments:

  1. Now I feel like a lame poser because I didn't make a single dick joke for either of my petty gods.

    Should I write up Dickanus, the petty god of sophomoric humor?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dickanus, the secret god of apprentices and authors of dirty limericks.

      Delete
  2. Children's skeletons as puppets on strings. Pregnant woman roasting on a spit. Naked women hanged and used as piñatas. Just the usual LOTFP fare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked my FLGS about LotFP promo adventure but was met with confusion like I would be once again ranting about space aliens controlling President with rays from Uranus, I think they dont know about whole event at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's one of the best rpg anythings I've read in years.

    If you want to borrow my copy I'll mail it to you as long as you promise to send it back.

    I'll hazard to guess that few complaining about the art bothered to notice the the beauty of the bottom half of the map for the Insect Shrine.

    And props are due for the language used in the Internet Resources text box on the first page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's super-kind, Legion. I'm going to try to snag my own copy tho. I can't believe that some douche in Cincinnati was actually mulching them. What an asshat.

      Delete
    2. Mulching, that wont't make a difference for what he hopes to accomplish for whatever motives and only serves as needlessly complex way to wag middle finger.

      Delete
  5. Noble Knight games has it for a penny if you buy anything for $15 or more, FYI.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got to the game store at 8:30 PM. The ONLY thing they had left was "Better Than Any Man" because you had to request it to get it. Which was the one thing I wanted. So lucky me.

    ReplyDelete