WORMSKIN

1/12/2014

Disney will take a hacksaw to the accumulation of fat rolls that is the Star Wars Expanded Universe


Article here. Excerpt:
"It's unclear at this point what in the EU will be pitched out into the trash, and what will be promoted to canon. When asked, Chee himself responded that he can't say when fans will be able to see the results the trim's impact on the universe's lore. Still, it's a safe assumption that every single bit of EU story set after The Return of the Jedi will have to go—and, for the most part, good riddance to it, because almost all of it is terrible."

6 comments:

  1. I rather liked Heir to the Empire. The rest, however...

    ReplyDelete
  2. But they're going to keep Death Troopers, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they're savvy they'll make sure Death Troopers is translated to film.

      Delete
  3. As long as the Thrawn trilogy and X-wing are in, I'm good to go.

    At least Thrawn's existence.

    ...And while I'm hoping for the impossible, I hope they toss out the fucking Clone Wars TV show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally with you re: the Clone Wars show.

      It would be nice to see the interesting bits from the Expanded Universe put to good use, but given that there is so much bad they may just be thrown out with the bathwater.

      Delete
  4. I never kept up with the novels. My "Star Wars" experience is restricted to the movies (not animation).

    I don't recall hearing a lot of raving reviews of the books, so I never checked them out.

    ReplyDelete