UL BANNER

DOLMENWOOD BANNER

4/06/2014

Kane on my mind

Back when I was initially trying to attract as much talent and cool stuff into PETTY GODS as possible, one of my objectives was to obtain permission to use some of the gods created by Karl Edward Wagner for his Kane saga. How cool would a whole section of such gods be?? I got in contact with the appropriate agent but from there on nothing but Cyclopean masonry in my way. It was not meant to be.

While I have the pair of Kane anthologies produced by Night Shade Books*, I'm such an incurable bibliophile that I need the original Warner Books paperback collections of Kane stories (1973-1978) to gloat over. It's those damned Frazetta covers! They're some of my favorite fantasy art of all time. Of the five, I have Death Angel's Shadow and Bloodstone. I'm lacking Darkness Weaves, Night Winds and Dark Crusade.




________________________________________________
*Now going for like $70+ bucks a piece. Wooo!

5 comments:

  1. Huh, I just read Night Winds, it was in one of my boxes of paperbacks taken out of storage. It was pretty good stuff. Is it true that there is a story where Kane meets Elric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Jim. It's called "The Gothic Touch" and it originally appeared in White Wolf's "Tales of the White Wolf" anthology. KEW penned that one. Worth checking out!

      Delete
    2. Great cover art by Brom:

      http://www.amazon.com/Elric-Tales-White-Michael-Moorcocks/dp/1565041755/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1396894636&sr=1-1&keywords=tales+of+the+white+wolf

      Delete
  2. I've only read Dark Crusade (and had the Frazetta cover pbk but I think I gave that one away). I think I still have Bloodstone somewhere in the que to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The short stories are worth tracking down! It's too bad that the MIDNIGHT SUN anthology is so expensive these days. Kind of criminal that they're not back in print.

      Delete